CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES MADE WITH OATMEAL FLOUR

Several of you asked about the chocolate chip cookie recipe the other day so here's the recipe.

It makes a huge bunch so I often half the recipe.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

5 cups oatmeal, the recipe didn't specify but I use quick cook oatmeal.
2 cups real butter, not margarine
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts, I never use this many and sometimes I skip them all together.
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. soda
1 ( 24 oz.) pkg. chocolate chip, I use milk chocolate but just use whatever kind you like best.

Measure oatmeal into a blender and blend until it becomes a fine powder, almost like flour. It might not be as smooth as flour but it will be very fine textured.

Cream butter and sugars together.
Remember softened butter will cream better than cold butter.
Also this isn't a quick done thing.
It takes longer to cream butter and sugar than you think.
You want to keep beating it until it gets light and fluffy and you know it's creamed well when if you take a pinch of it between your fingers it doesn't feel  extremely  grainy.

In another bowl mix together the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Stir with a wooden spoon.

Then add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture.

Mix well.

Add the chocolate chips and nuts and stir well with a wooden spoon.

Roll into balls and pace 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. If you like to make big cookies you will need to place them further apart on the cookie sheet or they will bake and run into each other.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 6 minutes if you make small cookies.

I make average size cookies, maybe just a tad bit smaller than the cookies you get in a bakery and I always have to bake them for around ten minutes.

When they are a pretty, golden brown I take them out.

Let them set on the cookie sheet to cool and finish baking inside

Remove to a wire rack.

Now it's not unusual for me to forget the last couple batches of cookies.

I guess I get tired of them by then but anyway if you do that don't leave them resting on the cookie sheet.

They are done enough!

Get them off and into a zip lock bag as quick as you can.
The steam will help them to soften or at least not get in any harder.

Ask me how I know.

Enjoy!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS