IT'S HERE IT'S HERE ITS FINALLY HERE!!

Well after a year it's finally here, the cookbook is done and ready to order.

It was a lot slower process than we anticipated. Lots of starts and stops.

Sometimes I wondered if we would ever get here.

I hope you will enjoy the book.

It's very simple, and it's small.

I pretty much sat down with my cookbook the one I have handwritten all of my favorite recipes in, the one I use all the time.

My girls say it is the only thing they will fight over when I'm gone but to avoid that problem I plan to make them all a handwritten one and even though he didn't say he wanted one I'm going to make one for Lucas too.

Anyway, I copied several of the recipes in this  cookbook right out of my handwritten book.

With some of them I'v included a story about the recipe.

I've tried to make the book be more about the time spent around the table than about what's on the table.

I want you to be as inspired to make memories as you are to make food.

The book is mostly black and white.

There aren't a lot of pictures or charts or anything like that.

It's going to look a lot like a community cookbook or a church cookbook that you probably already have.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much help all the kids were to me especially Lucas.

I have absolutely no computer skills as you can no doubt tell.

He had to send and resend stuff for me.

He edited and edited and had us all around the table editing again.

Tim helped me send the photos because I was at a complete loss.

Olivia helped with the back cover text and Heidi and Jess were glad to jump in wherever they were needed.

And Mark, well he encouraged me and footed the bill and was glad to do it.

I love them for all of the support they have given me.

They are good to put up with me and my crazy adventures.

I just want to cry as I sat here and type this.

It seems like so much has changed since we started trying to get this done.

We were all so excited about the book and we still are but somehow its sort of taken a back seat.

It's easy to feel overwhelmed with all that's going on and not enjoy things like we should.

But we want to enjoy the release of the book.

We want to celebrate it because it's a big deal.

We worked hard and God has blessed us in so  so many ways.

We want to give him all the glory for keeping us close and getting us through and bringing this project together.

We pray you find him in the pages of this cookbook.

We pray you will find him in your heart as you welcome family and friends around your table.

Thank you for being here and thank you for all of your encouragement.

We appreciate all of you so much!

Here is the link to get the book right from the publisher.
If you want to wait and get it on Amazon you can do that too it will be there in a week or so.
Also it will be at a few local stores soon.

WWW.Xulonpress.com 

Then click on bookstore.

Then search for Then I Thought of Home An Invitation to Dinner

It should come up and you can order.

Thanks everyone!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS