FABULOUS PIZZA CRUST!!

Oh this is good pizza dough!!

Oh it's good pizza dough that makes amazing pizza crust!!

Years ago I always made my pizza crust.

Then I stopped.

I decided I was just as happy with the packages I would buy at the store and mix up and I still think they are good.

Lately though I thought as good as those are I know making my own would be better for us and I would save a little too so I started making it again.

This recipe is so so easy and so so good.

Here is a tip I just recently learned.

You may already know it but if not here it is...... always use a stone pizza pan if you can.

I have had a stone pizza pan for years and I used to use it a lot but somehow over time I stopped and went back to my metal one.

I won't do that again.

A stone comes as close to giving you that fire oven kind of crust as we can get in a regular oven

Another tip I've learned is to put the stone in the oven and preheat the oven and stone to 425 degrees.

Now then once the dough is ready to form you can roll it out or press it out or toss it or whatever you do.

Take a baking sheet, I mean something like a metal cookie sheet.

Turn it upside down.

Dust it with flour. Don't be stingy with the flour.

Put your dough ball on the upside down cookie sheet.

Now roll it or press it until it's the desired size.

Top the pizza as desired.

Lift up the edges of the crust and sort of blow under it.

You want the pizza to slide around on the cookie sheet that's why you want to sprinkle the cookie sheet heartily with flour.

Okay, now carry the cookie sheet with the pizza on it over to your preheated oven where the preheated stone pizza  is waiting for you.

Pull the oven shelf out a little so you can reach the stone.

Leaving the stone in place in the oven take the cookie sheet and slide the prepared pizza off of the cookie sheet and onto the stone.

I made sure my pizza would move before I topped it or moved it I didn't want to get to the oven and it be stuck the cookie sheet.

Bake it until the crust is done and toppings hot.

We loved it.

Here is what you are going to need.

3 1/2 cups all purpose flour

2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. sugar

2 Tbsp. oil

1 1/3 cups warm water, not hot. Hot will kill the yeast if you can't hold your finger in it it's too hot.

1 envelope of yeast, that's about 1 tablespoon

Mix the yeast into the warm water, stir and set aside.

I use my kitchen aid for the next part but you most certainly can mix it by hand.

Add the other ingredients to your mixing bowl and attach the dough hook.

Give the ingredients  in the bowl a good stir to combine then add the yeast.

Start out mixing on the second lowest speed then move it up to a low medium speed and let it knead the dough for 7 to 10 minutes.

Then the dough is ready to form.

If the dough really puts up a fight meaning it keeps coming back when you try to shape it you probably haven't kneaded it enough so knead it some more.

When it's ready it will stay where you put it when you roll it out.

Some people bake theirs at 475 degrees.

They think that really hot heat gives you a texture and taste more like a fire oven pizza.

I don't go that high and I still got the same effect.

It's the stone that give the crisp crust.

I hope you will like this and please let me know how it works for you.

Oh  this is enough dough that you can make a couple of large pizzas if you like the crust thinner.

Or you can cut the dough in half before rolling and freeze one part for later use.

If you are making two pizzas I would still cut the dough in half to work with it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS