A Prepared Place

I know we've talked of this before but I heard something just a bit ago that brought it all back again.

I was sweeping the floor and " MASH" was on. I really hadn't even been aware it was on and then suddenly I heard something that caught my attention.

Remember how on the show Radar would come on the loud speaker and say, "Incoming wounded"?

As soon as I heard that I immediately got a picture of homes all across our country.

I thought about all the hurts and knocks and put downs that people face in the world everyday.

I thought about how we all need a safe place to go. A place to rest and renew.

We need someone to bind our wounds. Someone prepared and rested, someone with the right touch and tools to tend to our weary body and spirit.

I thought about how if all the doctors on "MASH" had been  out on the battlefield there would have been no place for the wounded.

Someone had to be standing by making things ready to receive them.

Home is a place to receive incoming wounded. A place where we take care of our own.

I don't think there is a thing in this world that feels better than coming home, unless it could be the feeling of giving someone else that coming home feeling.

Homemaking is such a blessing. God was so good to us when He honored us with such an important task.

And all of  the above is just one part of it.

Think of all the joy and celebration that happens at home.

All the things they can't wait to get home and share with you, or show you.

There is so much that needs to happen at home, everything from dancing with them for joy or holding them while they cry.

Whatever the case we can't afford to miss it.

Make sure you make time for home.

Like we said, the only thing better than that glad to be home feeling is the feeling of being the one to make that feeling possible for others.

(John 14:2-3) My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Happy Homemaking to You!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS