Thanksgiving Day Sides Dressed Brussel Sprouts

Okay, I know what you're thinking,  what am I doing starting a Thanksgiving Day Side blog with a post about Brussel Sprouts?

Well I'll tell you.

I know lots of people don't like brussel sprouts but I also know brussel sprouts are gaining respect and love in the food world.

I  also know  with all the Thanksgiving prep and stress we all need an easy side or two.

So don't worry, there will be posts coming about dumplings and sweet potato casserole and oyster dressing and yes, Wendy, even buttered shrimp but for today we're honoring the often overlooked, yet beautiful fall vegetable, Brussel Sprouts.

All my kids like brussel sprouts, greens cabbage, kraut..well all of us except Heidi, she is different that way but when she tried these she liked them.
So don't be to quick to write this one off, give it a try.

I can't remember where I got this recipe.

I think I got it off the back of a package of brussel sprouts or salad dressing.

I do know it didn't come from a cookbook.

It was so simple I didn't even write it down so I don't have exact amounts to give you, but you won't need them.

All you need for this simple colorful side is:

1   (12) oz. package of frozen brussel sprouts,  cook as package directs and drain well.
Italian Salad Dressing
Parmesan Cheese

Add desired amount of salad dressing and cheese to well drained brussel spouts, toss and serve.

I go light on the dressing and the cheese but you do as you like. Start out slow because you can always add more but you know how it is trying to get Italian Dressing off a brussel sprout.
Not fun.

That's it.

I feel sort of guilty, like I should say more but there is no more.

Simple easy, very inexpensive and it makes a pretty and tasty side.

Enjoy!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS