GLAZY BARBECUE SAUCE


Here's the barbecue sauce recipe I told you I would share.

I don't even know where I got this recipe.

It was in my cookbook, the one where I write all of our favorites.

I had never even made it before and yet for some reason I wrote it in my cookbook as a favorite.

The thing is after I made it, it is a favorite and it turns out the recipe is exactly where it should be, in my book of favorites.

If you have even been to the American Legion or some place around your town that has chicken barbques you will find this sauce is a lot like the ones they use.

It isn't thick, it doesn't coat heavy like a lot of the store bought sauces do, it's almost like a glaze and you really can't even see it on the meat but oh my can you taste it.

I hope you will like it.

1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup bacon grease
1 tsp. tabasco sauce
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tbsp.  sugar
2 tbsps. worchestire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder.

Simmer for ten minutes.
Cool and store in a pint jar.
Better if made a day ahead of time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS