SURE. WHY DIDN'T I JUST SAY SURE?

I've posted about this before but my reading this morning brought it back to my mind.

It's about the word, sure.
Sure is a wonderful word.

If we ask someone to do something and they respond by saying, "Sure" it makes us feel good. It makes us feel like they really want to help us or do what we ask.

It sounds a lot better than, "Well I guess" or "if I have to" or " I guess I could".

We all know that but somehow we give those other answers more than we probably realize.

This blog post is about the word sure and our husbands.

I want you and me as well to make it a habit to say sure every time we can.

Mark loves Chinese, before that he loved Mexican.

When he gets on a certain food he wants to eat it every time we go out.

He will call me and say, hey get ready when I get home we will go up to the chinese. 

I'm thinking, oh no not again.

Sometimes I say that.

Why do I say that?

Why don't I do like Romans 12: 10 says, it says,  Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Now you can say, well he should do that for you.

Well he does and that's beside the point anyway.

This is a blog about me and you as women and wives so we will leave them out of it for now.

I can look back over the years and see so many times our lives would have been better, our kids would have heard less arguments if I would have practiced the art of saying."Sure".

Today I was reading a story about a man who said his mother always used the word sure.

He said his dad would come in and say, let's do such and such and even though looking back he knew his mom was tired she would always say,  sure and get the kids ready.

She didn't feel put upon or think she had to have her way she didn't feel challenged or taken advantage of.

She just said sure.

She didn't resent saying it or it would have came out in her attitude and her children would have picked up on it.

They wouldn't have looked back as grown adult people and recognized what she was doing as a good thing.

They would have seen it as fake or sarcastic.

But they didn't.

They saw it as beautiful and they respected her and honored her for it.

Now I have to say I know we can't always say sure, I know there are extremes but I'm talking about every day ordinary responses.

We can say sure and sound glad about it more often than we do.

We can even reply, "I'd be glad to"

Just think about it, how would you feel if your husband or kids replied that way when you asked for or suggested something?

You would feel lighter, you would feel loved and cared about and like they wanted to make you happy.

So why don't we practice making them feel that way?

The next time your husband has an idea or says he wants to do a certain thing, say, Sure and say it with a smile.

Tell them it's a great idea .

Tell them you would be happy to do that for them.

Little words can make such a huge difference.

Don't worry about being taken advantage of or ran over.

Your family loves you.

So pick a positive word, or words, any word that works for you and decide to start using it.

It will relieve tension and bring a feeling of joy and security to your home.

Again, we aren't worried about what the others in the family are doing, we are in charge of our own behavior and as far as it depends on us we are going to give a positive response every single time we can.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS