BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP IT HITS THE SPOT ON A COLD DAY

First off I want to tell you that this is not a photo I took.

I don't have a photo of this soup so I googled one that looked like it

I don't know who to give the credit to but didn't they make a fine looking soup?

This is another recipe I got from my sister in law Karen.

She brought this over after I had one of the kids.

It was so good I wrote the recipe in my handwritten cookbook journal.

When the house burned I of course lost all those recipes so Karen got another journal and wrote some of the recipes she knew I had asked her for before and this one was one of them.

I received journals like that from several people and I treasure them all.

I adore soup.

I adore broth.

I make a lot of soups and with it being winter and since we have snow on the ground I thought I would share this today.

It's a common soup  so you might have this recipe already but if not I hope you will try it I'm pretty sure you are gonna like it.

Here is what you are going to need.

2 ( or more) cups of diced potatoes

1 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped celery (opt.)

1 cup ( or more) diced carrots

2 chicken bouillon cubes

1 quart water

1 ten ounce frozen chopped broccoli

1 ten ounce frozen chopped cauliflower

2 regular size cans cream of chicken soup

1 pound processed cheese (velveeta or the like) cubed


Cook (simmer) the first  six  ingredients together for about 20 minutes or until tender.
I'll be honest, I just boil mine and get them done.

When the above ingredients are tender add frozen broccoli and frozen cauliflower.

Cook until the broccoli and cauliflower are tender then add 2 cans cream of chicken soup and  one pound of velveeta cheese that has been cubed up.

Heat until cheese melts and then serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS