Take Time to Celebrate!



I've never been one to have a big celebration about things.

I mean if it was a birthday, we would have a cake and buy some ice cream, but we didn't do parties.

Graduations were gone to, but we never had the huge open houses that many had.

I don't really know why, I guess that's sort of how I was raised and the way Mark was raised.

Oh we had a big Christmas and Thanksgiving, but that's about as big as it got.

I've been a slow learner when it comes to celebrating life events.

I've learned a lot from my sister-in-law, Debbie.

I've learned a lot from watching and hearing about all the ways and all the things she celebrates.

She is a wonderful example of a woman who loves her family and loves letting them know it.

I never thought of a birthday party as  a celebration of someone's  life and your love for them.

But she did.

I've learned that not everyone can put on a big celebration, but we can all celebrate, and we can go as big as we want or as small as we want, but we don't want to miss the spirit, the spirit of celebration.

Even God loves a celebration, just think how many times in the Bible he told them to have a feast, they were to party and have a good time honoring an event.

So I want to encourage you to celebrate.

We're all going to live and we're going to die so let's live life to the fullest while we're here.

Let's grab on to every opportunity we have to let someone know they are worthy a party.

In John chapter 10, verse 10, Jesus said, "I have come that you might have life, and have it more abundantly."

Somehow I think that abundance includes celebrations.

Mark and I keep coming back to this as we are drawing near to Olivia's wedding.

We want it to be a wonderful celebration or party because we were given a wonderful, beautiful daughter and now we're soon to be given a wonderful son-in- law, whom we already love like our own.

So, let's all get on board, seize the day, capture the event, celebrate the life, have a party and enjoy life to the fullest.

It's what He meant for you to do.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS