THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD MOMMA

I think about this every Christmas.

One day when I was expecting Jessica I was at my whits end.

It was a hot august day and I was seven months pregnant.

We didn't have air conditioning and I was miserable.

Heidi and Lucas were into everything that day.

Finally I called my mom.

I asked her if I could bring the kids over to her for a little bit.

She said, Oh my Honey, you bring them right now. You never ask me to watch them you must be in a bad way.

So I loaded them up and off we went.

My intention was to leave them with mom for a little bit.

I thought I just needed a little break.

When we got there  Mom fixed me a glass of iced tea and propped my feet up and told me she had something she wanted me to see before I left.

It just so happened dad had recently had out his old projector and the old movies.

Mom turned it on and it was an old home movie.

Dad of course was filming so we couldn't see him.

Brian, my oldest brother and I were very small.

We were looking at the tree.

We started touching the ornaments.

I tried to take one from Brian.

A struggle began.

There was no sound but the pictures were saying it all.

An ornament was broken.

Mom came from the kitchen.

Again we could not hear what she said but she was so frustrated.

Dad kept filming her and it was pretty obvious she wasn't happy about it.

She cleaned up the mess.

She shut the movie off and said, see honey, I know.

It's hard when they are little.

They get into things.

You get tired.

Your patience grow thin and sometimes your husband doesn't help things.

But it is okay..

It gets better.

I cried.

I felt better.

I didn't even leave the kid.

I was okay now.

I had been strengthened and encouraged in my journey.

I loaded the kids up and we went home.

So now you know whyt every Christmas I think about the day I needed mom and she showed me an old home Christmas movie of her having a bad day and overcoming it.

There is nothing like a good momma.

I'm glad I have one.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS