WAIT! YOU'VE GOT ME ALL WRONG!!

Wait, you've got me all wrong.

I'm not like you think I am.

Well those of you who know me know I'm not what they think I am but those of you who only know me via this blog think I'm more than I am.

Years ago I was listening to an older lady speak she said, "Homemaking is not housekeeping but housekeeping effects homemaking."

I was all about the first part of her saying, I was on my feet ready to clap but then she finished it and I was glad I had never made it to my feet.

Oh I was going to be all about housekeeping and such.

I was going to be suzie homemaker and I did real good the first three months.

My grandma once said you could eat off my floors...now you wonder about walking on them.

I always had to work outside.

Mark worked public work and I took care of things here.

Many of times I would come in and get dinner, get up leave everything on the table and go right back out with the kids.

Those days are over now.

But I'm still not a Martha Stewart.

Because I love home, write about home, feel things about home, hopefully make you feel things about home people thing my home is different than it is.

You see, I'm more about the home feeling than the home looking.

I like beautiful homes but I'm not into creating them.

My house is plain and not always in tip top shape.

I forget to look up for cobwebs in the corner or down for dust on the woodwork.

I can't sew a lick, not one little lick can I sew.

I'm not crafty.

I once made a wreath for mother in law and it fell apart when I took it out to give it to her.  Much to her credit she did hang it up for a day or two and then it disappeared and I fortunately had enough good raising not to ask where it went. I didn't really want to know.

The homemaking thing I do have is cooking.

I love food and I love feeding hungry people.

I don't do it fancy though.

One day the girls told me, "Mom for someone who cooks you don't have much to cook with."

Well, I guess I don't need much.

A few big bowls, a mixer, some big pots and little pots and a couple of casserole dishes will usually get it done.

I say all of that to say this..... I'm not a hgtv decorator or a food network chief...I'm a Hoosier housewife who makes a mean pot of beans and apple pie and might have to step over something on the floor to get to the oven and if she want's to look out the window she pulls back the curtains that have been hanging there for years because she never really sees the curtains, her focus is always on who is coming in the drive or walking up the road from the barns toward the house.

So.....come on and come over I'll wash you out a cup and we'll have some coffee and you can see who I really am.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS