GODS BUCKET OF GRACE

I've been asked a few questions and I'm going to try to answer.
The most freeing thing I have ever learned is that everyone is not like me.

God uses people who think different and believe different than I do.

He uses all kinds of people to reach all kinds of people.

And it's none of my business who he uses or how he uses them.

If only I had known sooner.

Romans 14:4 says in a nutshell...Who are you to judge another man's servant? To his own lord he stands or falls.

You know what that means?

That means, mind your own business.

It's not up to me to decide who God is using and who he isn't.

I think about the Duggers from the tv show 19 and Counting and I think about the show Duck Dynasty.

Now talk about a vast difference in christian families, thats a vast difference.

Which one is more used by God?

Which one has reached the most people?

We don't know do we.

If we are clean cut churchy people we might lean toward the Duggers.

Now granted they had some bad things happen in their family but that doesn't erase all the good.

We don't want the bad things about us to erase all the good so we should do that to other families. 

If you believe a woman shouldn't cut her hair and you believe she should wear dresses and that you should homeschool you are going to be encouraged by them.

If you are a more earthy person and by earthy I mean maybe a little rougher around the edges you are going to be encouraged by Duck Dynasty.

They minister to two totally different kinds of people and I fully believe God uses both families.

It's the same way with me.

I am way down to earth.

I'm not educated and I think the education I did have didn't stick very well.

I talk plain and simple.

There are people who tell me they can learn that way, they say I make it so they can understand it.

I have also had people tell me in a nice way of course, that I make them crazy.

I am to simple, I don't say things right and I don't write correctly.

They are one hundred percent right, they have my number down right.

But I am the way I am and God uses me for some people.

Other people I won't work for.

The same is true of you.

Some people will get you some won't

Some churches are demonstrative in their worship and some are resevered.

I've been in both and I can tell you sometimes they judge one another.

The ones who are raising their hands judge the churches who don't and the ones that don't raise them judge the ones who do.

Who is God using?

We don't know?

We can't tell.

Our job is to do what he has given us to do in the way he has for us to do it.

Grace is a beautiful word and my worship  and my service need God's grace all over it because even when I think I have it right I never really can.

It will always come up short somewhere so I'm glad God follows me around with a grace bucket and sprinkles it over everything I do because I wouldn't stand a chance if he didn't.

Now let me throw this out there for those of you that are nervous about all of what I said, I know there are things we have to make a judgement call on, the things God has already judged we have to judge too but we tend to go off to much and that's what I'm talking about.

What a freeing thing when we learn that I'm not the judge of God's people, I don't judge his other servants because he can take care of that himself.

I don't know what they are supposed to be doing or who they are supposed to be reaching so I best stay out of it.

In the Bible God used "churchy" people and he used "earthy" people.

God's only got flawed people to use so I'm not going to worry about everyone else's flaws, mine keep me busy enough and they keep me humble when I focus on them instead of everyone else's.

You see we are so often afraid that if we get grace or teach grace we will live reckless, we will go wild but nothing is further from the truth.

Learning about grace didn't change the things I do or believe it changed the way I thought about you for what you did or believed.

It didn't make me go out and live wild.... it set me free to love people and that's what I have been called to do.

Go out and get one of those little watering cans and write the word grace on it.

Keep it in the kitchen and when you feel yourself getting worked up about someone, pick it up and sprinkle it over you.

Well pretend to sprinkle it anyway.

When you get enough grace on you it will get in your eyes and suddenly you will see everyone differently. 

But for the grace of God there go I.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS