IN SPITE OF ME

I was talking to a sweet friend this morning.

She was asking about some of the things I did with my children when they were small.

Just yesterday someone told me I was a good mother, they even went so far to say they thought I must have been a perfect mother.

I felt myself cringe.

Whenever I'm complimented on my mothering I feel that way.

I feel embarrassed because I know the truth.

I know my kids know the truth.

I made more mistakes than you can shake a stick at.

Most of you watched me and probably knew I was making mistakes.

The crazy thing is I made them because I was trying to do it right.

I though if I did this or had them do that or didn't let them do this of did have them do something else everything would be okay.

You know what made my kids turn into the man and the women they are today?

It was God.

He is so full of mercy and goodness and he has a place in his heart for mommas.

He listened all those nights I went to bed and cried because I had failed or I was scared and he watched me when I was prideful and thought I had done right.

It wasn't a prideful stick your chest out type pride,

I didn't even see it as pride back then I just thought I was getting it right.

Now I see it for what it was.

I was either tore up about my failures or feeling like I was getting it right.

I did and do love them and I did teach them about Jesus to the point they probably got weary of it.

But they are all grown now and they all have a relationship with Jesus and it doesn't have a thing to do with me.

When you see my children do good it's not because they had a good momma,

It's because as messed up as their momma was she had a good God.

She had and has a God who stepped in when she messed up.

He planted something deep inside her children and he kept it safe until the time was right.

My encouragement to mothers is to pray.

Pray for your children and believe.

I've sat around a lot of tables with a lot of women and had them pour their hearts out about their children.

The things there children were into and how afraid they were.

So I remind them at one point we were young.

There was a time our mothers asked their friends to pray for us.

They did.

God heard.

He answered.

He brought us through.

I have four children and their father and I could not be more pleased with them.

We didn't make it easy on God or the kids but he got them through in spite of us.

Love your children.

Teach them Jesus.

One day they will be like the people in the book of John, chapter four verse 42.

They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said, now we have heard for ourselves and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

A mother can't ask for more than that and no one can do that but God.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS