Eat More Chicken.......Soups On

My brother used to tease me by saying I could make one hundred meals with one chicken.

I did it back then because I had to stretch a dollar, I do it now because we raise chickens and I've got to support our product or I will have no dollar to stretch.

I found this recipe for chicken soup in an old crock pot cookbook years ago. 

I don't even have the book anymore but I still make my chicken soup the same way.

Most everyone who tries it says it's the best they've had.

They're calling for rain this weekend and since rainy days make good soup days I thought I would share it with you now, so you would have time to get the ingredients  gathered in before the rain gets here.


Here goes,

Country Chicken Noodle Soup

1 whole chicken
1 cup chopped onion
2 carrots, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 qt. water
1 cup uncooked noodles
2 celery stalks, chopped

Put the onion, carrots, celery, salt, thyme, basil and pepper in the crock pot. Put whole chicken on top. Pour water over all. Cook on low for eight hours.  Remove chicken and debone, return meat to pot.
Cook the noodles separately on the stove, drain and add to soup just before serving. You may want to double this if there are more than 3 or 4 of you.

And remember.....EAT MORE CHICKEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS