Open Arms to Both Receive and Let Go

Today is a day full of signs of things to come.

Of course Heidi is at her house doing her own things, Lucas is still in Terre Haute but is to return home today for three weeks before he goes back for summer school.

Jess is at work and Liv has just left for the home school academy she attends every Monday.

I filled the crock pot with stuffed peppers early this morning for Mark and Jacob's dinner only to be told they wouldn't make it back in time and would just get a sandwich.

So, here I am, alone all day, the house is empty and I've already got supper made. All of that adds up to me time.

I've never been big on me time. I think it's overrated, over desired and over pushed.

Having said that though, I am excited for the next step of my journey.

I've had the absolute best trip in motherhood.

I have spent every minute with my babies and watched them grow into men and women I am pleased to say are ours.


You know, come to think of it, I don't really think my new season is about "me time" after all. I think it's  more "because of them time."

Maybe because I had them and had them to the fullest I'm ready to let them move on away from me.

I'm so thankful for the time we've been given, I'm sure  that time  has prepared us  for all our tomorrows.

I don't know what's ahead , I don't want to sit here and tell you how everything is going to be because I have no way of knowing. I don't know what my family may be called to walk through, I can only pray we will be able to walk where asked. To walk with humility and honor be it sunshine or rain.

So all of my thankfulness, excitement and enthusiasm for the past and the future is placed at the Lord's feet.

Remember what Proverbs 16:9 says, "The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his step."

I'm keeping that in mind as I plan on some of the fun things I would like for my future to hold.

I love life to be wide open, I don't like crowded time or space.

I want room for the good that comes along.

I've decided I'm at the time of life when the open arms theory works best, open to both receive and let go.

Then again, maybe that's always the best theory.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS