Strawberry Season is Among Us!


Mark brought these in tonight and so of course you know I got around here and made him some pie crust.

He just finished off his first Strawberry Shortcake of the season.

Our family always enjoys the Strawberry season. Pies, shortcakes, bread, Strawberry Butter and Jam.

I remember my dad telling us about how years ago when his Aunt Dorothy was a teenager her mom and dad, my dad's grandparents had a large berry patch and they picked, packed and sold the berries.

My Great Aunt Dorothy wrote her name and address on the bottom of one of the berry boxes.

Some young man saw it and rode all the way down to see her.

She was excited but not for long, as the story goes my Great Grandpa ran the guy off before she even got to meet him.

In honor of my sweet Great Aunt Dorothy I'm sharing with you her Strawberry Pie recipe. It's always been my favorite.

It's a basic recipe.

Basically the best.

1 cup boiling water
3 TBSP. Strawberry Jello
3 TBSP. Cornstarch
1 cup sugar
a few drops of red food coloring

Cook until thick, then cool. Gently fold berries into the glaze and pour into a baked and cooled crust.
Refrigerate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS