Friends To The End Kind Of Friends

I agree with Anne Shirley from, "Anne of Green Gables,"  she said, "I'm so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much."

Isn't that true?. You know what I'm talking about. When you meet that person and you click. You just know you are friends to the end. That's how it was with Joycee.

 I was 21 when we met, I won't say how old she was, but she is 15 years older than me. lol.

  We were kindred spirits right from the start. How do I know?

 The first time we ever went to their house for supper we were cleaning up the dishes and Mark and Jerry had gone outside to look around the farm, Joycee looked at me and said,"I'm tired I need to lay down."

  So there we were,  her on one couch me on the other. kicked back relaxing, talking like we had been friends since high school. That's the only time I ever went to anyones house for supper and laid on their couch.

 She has been there for me through everything even earning the right to have our three daughters named after her.  They all have the same middle name, "Joi" There is no doubt she is my friend to the end.

 Later on, years later I would meet three other women.  Barb Voyles, Dana Nicholson and Bobby Knock

. Our friendship was different. It grew in time, it crept up softly on us until one day we realized we were, "together to the end," kind of friends too.  We have had so many good times and we have been through hurt together, but we came through. I can't imagine life without them.

  Today Bobby and Barb and their girls had a sale. They have a little business called the Market Place.

 They go, (junking), buy stuff, bring it home paint it, distress it, display it and sell it.

Dana and I totally don't get it. I think we've tried a few times but now we don't even try anymore.

 But we're friends to the end kind of friends so Dana and I were at the Market Place today.

 Not because we love old things or because we are decorators but because we are proud of our friends.

 Their joy is or joy.

 We're thrilled for the success and the fun they have. We admire the way they can create.

 And they in turn come to me and Dana's houses where we don't have t the latest decor and they don't even notice, (okay, they pretend not to notice) because they are our friends.

 Like Anne said, "I'm so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much."  Be a friend to the end kind of friend. after all, everyone needs one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS