The last few days the mornings have been beautiful. When I get up the first thing I do is look out the window. I don't know why, some people read the paper or check their phone to get the feel of the day, but I look out the window.
Right out my front  window is a soybean field and a cornfield, for the last few days there has been a fog or really a mist in the air right over them. Then I say, 'Could the morning be anymore beautiful?' 
 Today there is no mist, it's clear out and I still found myself saying, "could the morning be anymore beautiful?" I know if I woke to the sound of rain on the roof or saw the sky lighting up in a storm I would want to go back to sleep and think what a beautiful morning to sleep. Then there is the winter morning, you know how the snow is on the trees, and when you look out and you know if you open the door the world will be silent.
I'm going to take my coffee and go out into the morning. I'll set on the porch and take in the beauty. I'll take in everything and enjoy the warmth of the cup in my hands.
  I guess I'm  taking things from the morning, Maybe that's why when the door flies open in a few minutes and someone asks if breakfast is ready, I won't mind so much.  I will have taken the gifts of the morning and I'll be ready for the day. I guess you could say a few minutes on the porch is as good at giving you strength for the day as eating a big breakfast. I love that thought......Now if I can just convince my family they don't need breakfast they just need to sit on the porch for a few minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS