PHOTO FIT

What have I been thinking?   I have been blogging for a few weeks now and have yet to post a recipe. I love to cook and bake. I'm married to a, "chicken ranchin, produce growin man",  who is working hard to give me material for my blog and I just realized I've been ignoring it.         

 I've got to get a cell phone or a camera or something so I can take pictures like Paula Deen
and the Pioneer Woman.  First I''ve got to clean the kitchen, get some pretty dishes,  fix my hair, paint my nails and lose fifty pounds.  Then I can include photos with the recipes.
.
But for now, while I'm working on getting the kitchen, and me photo fit, why don't you all take a few minutes and share your families favorite chicken meal?

This is what Lucas asks for when he comes home on the weekends. Well, actually he asks for Chicken Pot Pie and Poppy Seed Chicken but today I'll share Poppy seed Chicken....Remember photos to follow!

POPPY SEED CHICKEN

8 whole chicken breast or 1 large hen, cooked, deboned and chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
8 oz. sour cream
1 stick butter, (real butter)
Poppy seeds

After chopping cooked chicken, add soup, crackers and the sour cream. Mix it up good and pour it in a 9x13 dish.  Personally, I like to use a deeper dish because it doesn't dry out as much, but that's just me.
Melt the butter and pour over the top of the casserole and sprinkle the Poppy seeds on top.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot throughout.

Honestly, if you don't have any poppy seeds make the casserole anyway. I think someone just thought of throwing the poppy seeds on there to make it sound nice but you can serve it without and never notice.

Have a great day!

I'm off to get my kitchen and me photo fit!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS