Church Family


You know how it is when the worth of something hits you right in the face and you are overcome with gratitude and love.?

When you really see what something or more importantly what someone means to you

If you have read any of by blogs you know how much my family means to me. They mean everything.

What I haven't told you about is my church family.

I not only have a great physical family, I have been blessed with the best church family possible.

As I sit here and type I can see each face. I can see the faces of the babies and the children.
As a matter of fact, I can remember when almost every child was born.

Today on my way to church I saw Todd pull out on hwy 56 and I got behind him. Then when we got to the stop light I saw Jon and Lindsay were in front of Todd.

I thought to myself, here we go down the road together again as we have so many times before. I thought of not only Todd, Jon and Lindsay,  but of all the church family.

I couldn't help but tear up because while it was a very simple thought, it is also a very meaningful thought.

You see, all of us really have gone down the road together, the road of life and spiritual learning and maturing.

Day after day, Sunday after Sunday we live, work and worship together.

You could search the world over and not find another "family" like them.

They have taught me so much and I thank God for putting them in my life.

(John 13:34-35) " A new command I give you: Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."


Comments

  1. Oh Kelly, this is so sweet! I made your blog! Trust me, you mean more to our family then you will ever know. Love you, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay. It really is true you all are the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS