The Worries of a Hunters Mother

Mark and Lucas are hunting today.

Mark is hunting over at the river and Lucas here at home.

I am always nervous when they go hunting.

In the past they have always helped each other make sure they were strapped in correct, the guns were okay etc. This year, Mark will have no one to help him and Lucas has me.  So I guess you could say six of one, half a dozen of the other. They both are pretty much on their own.

I asked Lucas if he was going to take a flashlight. I thought about it before I asked because I thought it might be a stupid question.

He said, "Mom, do you really think I'm going to go stumbling around in the dark woods trying to find my deer stand?'

I told him I thought maybe he wouldn't want the deer to see him coming.

He sighed, and said, "Mom, the thing is to get in the woods and in your stand before the deer get there. I'm not worried about the light."

Then he kept telling me how I need not worry.

It is a hard concept for a mother to grasp that she need not worry while her son is putting on a harness that is suppose to keep him from falling out of a tree and he is getting bullets for his gun.

Lucas probably will have a hard time seeing the deer this morning.

His eyes are going to be worn out from all the what he thought was secret rolling when I said stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raisin Pie....AN OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE

SANDWICH RING....IT COULD NOT BE EASIER!

CABBAGE STEAKS